At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has a new opportunity for a Project Manager/Environmental Consultant to join our Contaminated Sites team on a full time basis based in Brisbane.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform environmental assessments and planning including baseline environmental investigations, impact assessments, environmental hazard identification and/or risk assessment, investigation of soil and groundwater quality;
- Manage Preliminary and Detailed Site Investigations in areas impacted by Per and Poly Fluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) contamination;
- Data management, interpretation and reporting for phased environmental site assessments, contaminant assessments, and remediation;
- Project management of contaminated sites projects of small to medium sized projects or task management of particular tasks and elements within a larger scale project;
- Manage the overall delivery of projects on or ahead of time, within financial measures and with contractually sound outcomes that are in line with Golder’s standards. This will include actively working with project staff to manage schedule, costs, revenue, risks and variations;
- Technical report writing and contribution to proposals and deliverables;
- Supervise the work of technicians and junior professional staff on site;
- Provide technical direction and mentor, train and transfer knowledge to junior employees;
- Liaise with specialists from other disciplines of offices within Golder;
- Carry out tasks as assigned by varying Senior Project Managers and Project Directors, including effective task management on larger, more complex projects;
- Ensure Golder’s health and safety culture is upheld and demonstrate commitment to Golder’s environment and sustainability standards
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline.
- Certified Environmental Practitioner (CEnvP), or working towards.
- Understanding of regulations and guidelines applicable to Contaminated Sites Assessment.
- Good understanding and application of contaminated sites investigation methods
- Ability to work with variety of environmental sampling devices and field equipment including GIS based field tablets, groundwater sampling pumps, gas monitoring devices, differential GPS etc.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to manage small project teams.
- Proficient project management skills including budgeting and cost control.
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to supervise and direct contractors including drillers, surveyors, remediation / demolition contractors etc.
- Good understanding of analytical results and analytical data validation processes.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500+ professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
At Golder, we care about our people – we operate with integrity and embrace diversity. Our ownership structure affords us the opportunity to invest in our careers and take pride in something we truly own.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please note: Golder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.