About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology now has a position available for a flexible part-time Laboratory Assistant - Histology/SRA to join our dynamic team and enjoy the benefits of an open plan and friendly environment located within the Coffs Harbour Laboratory.
This is a part-time time position, 24 hrs per week. The spread of shifts is from 6.00am-7.00pm Monday - Friday, with inclusion in the Saturday roster.
The main aim of this varied role is to perform laboratory-associated functions and and clerical assistance within the Histology Department.
Some of the more specific responsibilities of the position will include:
- Performing all tasks relevant to a particular shift, including specimen reception, registration and data entry;
- Managing all aspects of slide and block storage and filing, as well as slide printing;
- Upholding quality standards within the laboratory by adhering to departmental quality system procedures;
- Complying with the Occupational Health & Safety policy and programs to ensure personal health and safety, and the health and safety of others in the workplace; and
- Satisfying the requirements of customers, both internal and external, through the provision of reliable and efficient service levels.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff.
The organisation offers staff members the opportunity to improve their skills through ongoing training, and provides an avenue for career development and advancement.
Permanent employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave
- Staff Services Committee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Private Health Insurance
- Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services
- Smoke Free Workplace